Presentation Skills in Academia!
Conducted by: Pooja Sancheti
Communicating science effectively is equally important as doing Science research. Sometimes a scientist is really good at research, but he/she is not able to communicate the research effectively. This workshop on Presentation Skills in Academia will provide basic training in effective Science Communication.
Key Highlights of the workshop;
1. Delivering an elevator pitch about research
2. Introducing ourselves and others in a formal setting
3. How to enuciate and articulately read aloud from written text
4. How to effectively use poster and Powerpoint presentations
5. Crucial body language and voice modulation
Accommodation and food during the entire duration of the workshop will be provided. Travelling allowance is not included.
3rd to 4th year PhD students
Pooja Sancheti is a visiting faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at IISER pune.
Her research was focused on theories of myth, magic, and postmodernist fiction from around the world.
Her teaching experience includes English for Proficiency Purposes and developing teaching material for ESL.
IISER Pune, National Council for Science and Technology Communication (NCSTC), Department of Science and Technology (DST)